Best Tips for Breast Lift Surgery
A breast lift procedure (mastopexy) is a cosmetic surgery to improve the shape of your breasts. It removes extra tissue and skin from your breasts to mold them into perky and youthful shape. Cosmetic breast lift procedure is normally advised for women who notice their breasts sagging and nipples pointing down more than usual.
Although breast lift is not meant to increase or decrease the size of your breasts expert cosmetic surgeons in India, such as Dr. Prerna Mittal in Ludhiana, Punjab usually combine it with breast reduction or breast augmentation for getting firm and uplifted breasts.
Now that you know the basics of cosmetic breast lift surgery, let’s see the top tips to help you choose the procedure.
Tips to Consider Before Choosing Breast Lift
1 – Who needs Breast Lift surgery?
1 Overall Effective
Cosmetic breast lift surgery is designed to help remedy sagging breasts, which is mainly caused by loss of firmness and elasticity. Pregnancy, frequent weight fluctuations and gravity are what cause breasts to sag in women.
These are the common factors that can help decide if you are an ideal candidate for cosmetic breast lift surgery:
- Abnormally saggy breasts – If your breasts have lost volume and shape noticeably by getting flatter and longer.
- Down facing nipples – If your nipples point down abnormally when you are not wearing a bra, and even get hidden in the crease of your breasts.
- Areola facing down – If you notice your areola sags so low that it practically faces your feet.
- Stretched areola – In case you see that your areola has stretched abnormally in proportion to your breasts.
- Unequal breasts – This refers to only the length of your breasts and not the size of your breasts. If you notice that one breast sags lower than the other, than cosmetic breast lift can effectively remedy it.
2 – How to decide if Breast Lift is Best for You?
The first step towards cosmetic surgery begins with a detailed discussion with an expert cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Mittal has immense experience in cosmetic consulting and has helped numerous women decide to whether breast lift is the right choice for them.
Usually, in the consultation with the cosmetic surgeon you will likely be asked about:
- Medical history – Your current and past medical records will be taken into account. You will need to inform the surgeon in case you have a family history of breast cancer, or if you are on medications currently and if you have undergone any surgeries in the past.
- Physical state – A physical exam is required to check your current state of health. This also involves checking the position of your nipples and areola. In addition, the quality of your skin, its elasticity levels, etc will be checked too. The cosmetic surgeon will also prescribe a baseline mammogram twice, once before and once after the procedure, to determine the improvement in underlying breast tissue.
- Your expectations –You will need to be open about the actual reason you wish to undergo breast lift surgery. This way, the cosmetic surgeon can help you become aware of the extent of improvement in your breasts and avoid having unrealistic expectations with the end result of cosmetic breast lift procedure.
After the detailed discussion and review, the cosmetic surgeon will schedule the surgery date.
3 – What happens in a Breast Lift surgery?
There are several different techniques in use today to perform the requirements of breast lift surgery. All these are focused on removing excess skin and tissue to reshape your sagging breasts into young and perky appearance. The locations and extent of incisions will be decided according to the particular technique being used.
Incisions for breast lift surgery are usually placed at:
- Around the areola
- From areola down to the breast crease at the bottom
- Along the breast crease (horizontally)
These incisions are then used to insert minimally invasive surgical equipments. This allows the surgeon to strengthen the supporting inner tissues of your breasts. Once the tissues are sufficiently strong, the excess skin will be carefully removed along the crease of your breasts. The nipples and areola are firmly placed in a higher position before the remaining skin of the breast is draped over. Strong sutures are then placed to hold the smaller, perkier breasts in position till the incisions heal.
Dr. Prerna Mittal, one of the top cosmetic surgeons in India, usually takes around 2 – 4 hours to complete the breast lift and makes it an outpatient procedure. This makes undergoing breast lift surgery in Ludhiana, Punjab extremely affordable and convenient too.