Get Rid of Droopy Eyes- It’s Time for Eyelid Surgery “Blepharoplasty!”
Stunningly dressed, pointed stilettoes, makeup on point, latest Chanel glasses and the aura around you make heads turn as you enter the party. Your confidence and your smile are no match. Your age is still a mystery with your immaculate attire. But hold on! The moment the oversized glasses are removed, there seems to be a little hush-hush. The moment your droopy and saggy eyelids are seen, the tables are turned and there is a wave of antagonism about you. ‘Age matters but shouldn’t reflect!’
With age, genetics and hormones, the effect starts showing on eyes and eyelids. The eyelids start stretching and the muscles that support the eyelids start weakening. The result is excess fat gathering around the eyelids, usually above the eyelids and sometimes below the eyelids. Droopy upper eyelids, sagging eyebrows and indented bag under the eyes are bothersome.
Medical Effects of Droopy Eyes
You may wonder that may be the makeup contouring can help the droopy effects and sagging eyes. But besides making you look aged and older than you are, the droopy eyes can be harmful to the vision as well. The loose skin around the eyes can reduce the peripheral vision i.e. the side vision. The field of vision in the upper and lower part of the eye can be impaired and this is surely not welcome news.
Blepharoplasty-The Ultimate Boon
The advancement in medical sciences has been a boon, one of the most quintessential being the eyelid lift surgery or the Blepharoplasty. This is a medical intervention where flabby skin is removed and the extra fat is removed from the eyelid.
There are two types of Blepharoplasty surgeries:
- Upper Blepharoplasty
This intervention uses incisions to remove the fat and skin. A thin stitch then sews the skin together and an eyelid crease is then created.
- Lower Blepharoplasty
Lower eyelid surgery means a small incision is made below the lash line or even inside of the eyelid. This implies that eyelid can be accessed for fat removal without any visible incision.
Blepharoplasty can elevate an upper eyelid margin slightly if you feel the weight of the excessive skin is actually feeling heavy on the upper eyelid and is causing it to droop.
Aesthetic as well as Functional Benefits
Cosmetically the procedure of blepharoplasty improves your facial appearance by making your eyes look younger and tauter.
The aesthetic treatment involves the following benefits:
- Eases the Eyelids
- Strengthens the eye muscles
- Reduces or makes the fat pockets negligible
- Gives you a younger and radiant appearance
To get rid of any ageing symptoms, hereditary risks or genetic malfunction which has resulted in droopy eyes, blepharoplasty is a boon.
You will be elated to know that this surgery solves the purpose of peripheral vision as well as aesthetic look enhancement. The functional eye lift removes loose skin from an upper eyelid that may have drooped low so as to impair driving and other tasks involving vision.
Following are the benefits of functional eyelid surgery:
- Improves vision which may have been obstructed because of droopy eyelids.
- Facilitates wearing contact lenses or glasses, which must have been an ordeal with sagging skin on the upper eyelid.
- Heals any discomfort or irritation because of the friction of eyelid skin rubbing against each other.
- Relief in the forehead, which was strained by muscles overused in lifting the sagging skin.
With the multiple reasons you surely are convinced that blepharoplasty is the inevitable procedure for your sagging eyelids and old, haggard appearance.
With realistic expectations, you must seek the opinion of the best Eyelift Surgery of the region and proceed for the needful.
Are You Ready?
By now you have researched for the best cosmetic surgeon who is adroit in performing the eyelift surgery efficiently. Dr. Prerna Mittal is a renowned name in Blepharoplasty in Punjab. She is undoubtedly the best Eyelift Surgeon in Punjab. Having performed umpteen successful Eyelid Surgeries, she has bagged the ‘Best Eyelid Surgery Specialist in Punjab’. Seeking her opinion is worthwhile, given her humane mannerism and genuine advice.
Now when you consider getting the surgery and you have consulted the surgeon discussing the expectations, the following precautions must be taken care of:
- Local or General anesthesia will be administered. Usually, general anesthesia is recommended if the procedure is more complicated and lasts longer relatively.
- The duration of the surgery is usually between 20 minutes to two hours, depending on the complexity of the surgery and if both or single eyelid is treated.
- Intake of pain relievers and blood-thinning medicines must be stopped one or two weeks prior to the surgery. This will facilitate a quick healing post-surgery.
- Prohibit eating or drinking the midnight before the surgery.
- The most important of all, make sure you have an additional helping hand to assist you immediately after the surgery.
- This is majorly an outpatient surgery and you wouldn’t be needed to stay overnight at the hospital.
- The intervention is done using incisions in the natural folds of the skin, in the crease of the upper eyelid and beneath the lower eyelid. This ensures negligible visibility of scars post-surgery.
- After the underlying muscles and unwanted tissues are removed, sutures sew back and reconfigure the areas around the eyebrows and eyelid.
A Word of Precaution
The success of the surgery is contingent on the pre-operative factors which are evaluated like the facial contour, facial muscle structure, bone structure and the eyebrows symmetry. Extra care has to be administered in case you have a dry eye as the dryness could be enhanced if care isn’t taken.
Work on a good overall general health condition and aim to be a non-smoker to obtain the best surgical results.
Another game changer for the face could be if the surgeon uses carbon dioxide (CO2) laser to resurface and smooth out the wrinkles in the eyebrows and eyelid areas. Apart from this another cosmetic surgery procedure- Brow lift may be performed in unison with Eyelift to give that dynamic appearance to the face.
With cold ice packs, warm compresses and the medical precautions by the surgeon the recovery from Blepharoplasty isn’t intrigued with any complications. At the hands of an efficient cosmetic surgeon like Dr. Prerna, successful eyelid surgery with minimum complications and the least downtime can be expected.
Read Also: Re-Vagina (Tion) For A New Life
The Bottom Line
With an average of about hundred thousand people undergoing this magical boon, you surely have no reasons to hold on with the sagging skin on the eyelids. Reach out to the best Eyelift surgeon in Ludhiana–Dr. Prerna Mittal and you will be amazed to see the younger and the vivacious new-you! Let your looks and the vision be perfect, without any hindrance.