A New Life Awaits-Hymenoplasty is the Key
If you wish to regain your virginity or revive the integrity of the hymen, modern technology has given the magical treatment called Hymenoplasty or Hymenorrhaphy. Also called hymen reconstruction or hymen restoration, Hymenoplasty surgery in Punjab is gaining popularity among women who wish to restore the virginity of the vagina.
What is Hymen?
Hymen is a thin membrane, little pinkish in hue, located about half an inch inside the vagina. This thin membrane blocks the vaginal entrance. It is a part of the vulva and acts as a roadblock against external infection till the stage of puberty. It is like a gateway to the vagina. The medical benefit or function of hymen is unknown but it is considered a sign of virginity in the societal norms.
Studies have proved that not all women bleed on first intercourse while some have intact hymen even after intercourse. (This means hymen bleeding may not be the only sign of virginity). It is noteworthy that even hymenoplasty doesn’t give assurance of bleeding post the intercourse.
What is Hymenoplasty?
The process of repairing the hymen to make it look intact is called Hymenoplasty. The hymen has a secondary layer which can be sewn to repair the torn layer. This process is usually of about 45 minutes and is gaining immense popularity.
What are the Reasons for Hymenoplasty?
Since hymenoplasty doesn’t guarantee bleeding on intercourse and hymen is not a conducive indicator of virginity, you may wonder why to opt for hymenoplasty. Here are a few reasons why women increasingly prefer hymenoplasty:
- The revival of Hymen for New Relationships
If a woman has sought a new relationship, the revival of a hymen is of paramount importance as this would give them the feeling of a novel relationship. So restructuring the hymen is usually considered when the hymen is already broken in intercourse and you wish to start afresh in a new relationship.
- Cultural or Religious Obligations
In normal societal parlance, the hymen is considered a sign of being chaste. Restoring the hymen tissues is relevant from religious or cultural perspectives as an intact hymen is a measure of virginity or chastity.
- Psychological Issues
In an unfortunate event of rape or sexual abuse, if the hymen is ruptured, the process of hymenoplasty can heal the hymen. This helps in healing the vagina physically and also aids the mental healing of the person.
- Repair the Hymen
In case the hymen is ruptured because of vigorous exercise and excessive use of tampons, hymenoplasty can repair the injured hymen. After all who doesn’t want an intact hymen before the first intercourse!
Who is Eligible for Hymenoplasty?
To be eligible for hymenoplasty, the following conditions must be fulfilled:
- You should be above 18 years of age.
- You must be in good general health.
- In case your hymen is ruptured due to sex or any other activity, you are eligible for hymenoplasty.
- You shouldn’t be suffering from genital cancer or STDs or any venereal disease.
What are the Risks or Side-effects of Hymen Repair Surgery?
Though any risks or side effects are rare, the following risks must be kept in mind:
- Risks of anesthesia may prevail.
- The surgery might bring in infection and prolonged bleeding.
- The hymen may be discolored in rare cases.
- There may be swelling, pain and bruises post-surgery.
Though these are rare risks, the chances are negated by an experienced and adroit surgeon.
How is the Procedure of Hymenoplasty Performed?
After the initial consultation with the surgeon, an insight can be derived regarding the intervention and its post-op care. Following are the steps of the procedure:
- The Basic Procedure
After local or general anesthesia the hymen is stitched back together. Dissolvable stitches are then administered. The surgery is a process of about half an hour and is usually an outpatient surgery. The patients need not stay overnight in the hospital.
- The Allopant Technique
This procedure is conducted when the hymen cannot be stitched back. The surgeon administers local anesthesia and the whole surgery takes about 2 hours. An external tear-through biomaterial is inserted in the vagina which acts as a hymen.
- Reconstruction of Hymen
This is an advanced surgery where the hymen is constructed from the tissues of vaginal lips. The surgeon is likely to abstain you from sexual intercourse for about three months and you will have to follow the care instructions meticulously.
What is the Recovery period after Hymenoplasty?
The recovery period is anticipated between 4 to 6 weeks. Immediately after the surgery the patient is observed for a while and maybe discharged from the hospital.
Following are the guidelines you need to follow:
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a month and begin even moderate activities after 10 days.
- The patient may resume work after 3-4 days.
- The surgeon might prohibit bathing for 3 days.
- You will have to refrain from sex for about two months after the surgery.
- The vaginal area should be kept dry and clean and take the medications and antibiotics judiciously as prescribed by the surgeon.
- You may have to use warm compresses and ice packs to minimize the effect of pain and swelling.
How to Choose the Best Surgeon for Hymen Restoration?
The qualifications and credentials of the surgeon are of paramount importance. The success or the surgery and the healing thereafter are contingent on how qualified the surgeon is.
Following are noteworthy points:
- Qualifications and degrees of the surgeon
- Association with the Board of Surgeons
- The testimonials and success of previous surgeries
- The number of hymenoplasty surgeries performed and the success ratio
- Well-equipped clinic and the attitude of the staff
- The approach of the surgeon and the empathetic attitude
Read Also: Re-Vagina (Tion) For A New Life
Dr. Prerna Mittal is the most notable hymenoplasty surgeon in Punjab and best cosmetic surgeon based in Ludhiana. With a pleasant mannerism and infectious smile, she knows how to make her patients comfortable and understands their viewpoint. A plethora of degrees and certificates add to her credentials. The testimonials speak highly of her professional as well as a caring attitude. For any queries or doubts, feel free to approach her and discuss your needs.